- On Monday, Chase and I decided to grill some chicken for dinner. While on the back porch, I commented on how I consistently get the urge to shoot something in the far off field from the back deck. Chase went inside to check on his made-from-scratch biscuits and emerged from the side door with a few milk jugs filled with water. After gathering a few rifles and some ammo, we shot targets from the deck ranging from 100 yards to 200. The chicken turned out nice.
- I found 3 baby birds in a corner of a barn yesterday. One dead. Two remaining alive. After discussing the need to clean up the barn vs. moving baby birds with chase for a few minutes, we decided on making them a new shelter from cinder blocks and place it and the birds under the roof of the bbq pit.
- As Chase and I sat reading on the front porch during a mild thunder storm, a thick black line drawn across the walkway came to our attention. Black Kingsnake. 3 and a half feet. After checking it for life, we decided to move it to the barn as a rodent eliminator. But, during the time it took Chase to grab a container with a lid, I watch the snake slither up a tree in the front yard and perch itself on a limb.
It is a different world than Atlanta. More life, more nature, and the sweetest air one can find, assuming heat and humidity are a given.